Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

choice of Prepeg. Any rules ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat64

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
prepeg 2116

Hello All,
I am new in pcb industry and in this forum. And here is my questions:

Is there any rules to use certain prepeg instead of others. For example I have been told: do not use 7628 prepeg with 2 oz copper weight power layer. Avoid using 7628 and 2116 on 1oz copper weight layer. Is there any explanation. Any docs or related website that can help me to undersatand this?

Thanks. Nat

Hi,

You need not to worry about the prepeg,because if your ask for the thickness of the Pcb with the fabricator,like 1mm or 1.6 mm,they do have standard prepeg thickness available with them,and then accordingly to the thickness ,they will stackup the pcb to your requirement.

You can always ask fabricator on prepeg thickness available with them for your reference anytime,just check this link,it will give you some idea,beside that try googling with "prepeg" you will get tons of articles on that...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Ramesh

those are good articles ramesh.

Thanks.
I have another question.

what is the difference between Matte Green and semi Matte Green? Is it big difference?
Again Thanks for your help

Are you talking about prepeg or finish(Solder Mask) of the board?

Regards

Ramesh

i think, he was asking about the solder Masking details.

Hi,

There are difference between matte and semi matte soldermask,

1) matte solder mask is darker in appearance then semi matte is lighter...

2) Matte has a glossy finish,but then semi matte is not..

May be someone could shed more light on the properties of the both finish...

Regards

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back