Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chkdsk stops at 3 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannnish

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i think my hard disk is damaged...once there was fluctuation of power supply and the chkdsk stops scanning at 3 percent of the system partition of the hard disk but others all runs smoothly... what should i do ?

use a HDD tester application and if there was any bad sector on it, try to use HDD Regenerator to repair it.

It's quite a common problem and really a 'bug' in Windows. You probably have an application that is periodically accessing the disk and changing it's contents. Chkdsk doesn't like this at all !
Firstly as Delphianrex suggests, run a diagnostic program to confirm the disk is OK, then try running Chkdsk in safe mode. This doesn't load all the Windows drivers so there's less chance of one of them sneaking in and changing the disk contents while Chkdsk is trying to verify it.

Brian.

Hi,

First check your HDD data & power cables .if your HDD detect in bios & not booting means HDD partition table may be spoil. if not loading os means your operating system is corrupted.reinstall the program your problem is solved.best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back