Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chinese mobile and Touch screen interfacing with microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhildascl

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to do a project with a display and touch screen. Since the cost of the TFT display is not affordable for the small project I choosed to select the phone display and touchscreen. Anybody know whether it is possible or not. If possible, what all things should be considered? I heard that the display programming is based on the display driver IC. I am not that much experienced in display programming with muC.

Of course it's possible. The easiest way to do this would be to use a cheap Android handset. It already has all you need; a graphics display, touch interface and Bluetooth.

Just add a Bluetooth single on your project side, and your Android now becomes a graphics display as well as a control panel. Of course, you'll need either a terminal emulator or a self designed application running on the Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

I need interfacing with micro-controller. Using a cheap Android Handset is nothing but using a handset itself. Then why I should interface display and touchscreen with the handset that already having the same??? If so what i have to do is to build an app right? What I need is clear from the post itself. I need to interface Chinese phone display and touchscreen with a micro-controller. I think interfacing a touchscreen is not that much difficult but i don't know how to do. But display is some what difficult i think... AVR, PIC, 80XX or any microcontroller....

I will suggest cheap TFT platform 25-30usd with simple 320x240 TFT ILI9341 display driver, interface pins are standard GLCD pins. Connection with PIC, AVR.... is easy.

For using mobile phone screen you need from documentation to flat cable connector, and other similar things.

Best regards,
Peter

But they are also TFT Displays right? So they will have a driver that is known to others right? I think its possible if we know the display driver used inside them. Because one of my friend interfaced a Nokia mobile display with AVR and played videos on the display using AVR(He wrote code in Python to convert videos frames into the required format).

But they are also TFT Displays right? So they will have a driver that is known to others right? I think its possible if we know the display driver used inside them. Because one of my friend interfaced a Nokia mobile display with AVR and played videos on the display using AVR(He wrote code in Python to convert videos frames into the required format).

You speak about small old phones screens or newer larger smart phone displays?

LCD or TFT ?

You plan to buy new screen or to use old from some damaged phone ?

Better say what display exactly from which phone you plan to use.

You can find many projects on internet with old phones screens, but when you mention TFT I assume some serious project with decent size of screen.

Best regards,
Peter

;-)

I think nowadays phones are coming with TFT-LCD Displays right? I am confused which phone display i have to buy. But not a branded one. Chinese displays are available for all of the leading mobile phones(As an example, for Galaxy s3). So i decided to buy one new chinese display. My project is somewhat serious as you mentioned. When I searched internet most of the projects are done with Nokia LCD displays because they are made of well known drivers. Still I couldn't find one for chinese displays. Actually i don't know the interfacing part between the display and microcontroller. Please help.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the help.

Actually i don't know the interfacing part between the display and microcontroller. Please help.

Its display driver, often this is integrated on screen board. There is many display drivers, before buying any display, first check capabilities and compiler compatibility which you plan to use.

I'm not sure that you will make something spectacular with phone screens. You will lose time and money on this. One new Galaxy S2 & S3 displays are around 60-70eur, for S4 :oops:, and you can buy ready made user friendly TFT development platform for around 90usd, or TFT screen 30-40eur.

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back