Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

charging of 100Ah lead acid battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambkn2bhu

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to charge my 12V 100Ah lead acid battery for my inverter... how can i get a constant 10A current for its bulk charging

i m thinkin of using 2 LM338( 5A adjustable regulator) in parallel... will this work ? can battery draw more cuurent , thus overloading the 2 LM338 ??.. pls make some suggestions ..

thanx

Instead of connecting voltage regulators in parallel (not a good idea) consider boosting current of a voltage regulator by adding external pass transistors ..
To achieve required current you can add as many pass transistors as you like ..
**broken link removed**

Rgds,
IanP
:|

Attachments

• 12v-15a-voltage-regulator-_circuit_1505.jpg
    12v-15a-voltage-regulator-_circuit_1505.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 152

sambkn2bhu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanx Ian...

one more thing i wanna know is that is battery going to inhale :D the given 15 current or is it going to pull :| more current when it is totally discharged n thus overloading the transistors ??

Goto:
**broken link removed**
and take a look at the idea of an external current limiter based on R[L] 0.03Ω power resistor that limits the output current to roughly 20A ..
It even has an LED indicator that omes on when the limiter is "in action" ..

The same concept can be implemented in the previously presented circuit with 3 external pass transistors ..

Rgds,
IanP
:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back