Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charger design help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have bought a panasonic trimmer Model ER206. It was working good. But now the charger is not working. So i have thought of designing a charging circuit.

Trimmer is in good condition. But the charger is not working.

I have bought a charger from ebay.
Input: 100 to 240V, 1.6A 50 - 60Hz
Output: 5V DC , 2A

I've checked the old charger(not working now) specs. It has Input 230V 50Hz 28mA
Output: 1.2V, 1.0A

I thought of converting this 5V to 1.2V using some regulator. So i have bought LM350 which is adjustable 1.2V to 33V with output current of 3A.

Please check my circuit works,
AC adapter 5V output to input of LM350 with the suitable capacitors as mentioned in the datasheet. Will this work?

Thanks in advance:)

I don't see your circuit.

Hi, I have bought a panasonic trimmer Model ER206. It was working good. But now the charger is not working. So i have thought of designing a charging circuit.

Trimmer is in good condition. But the charger is not working.

I have bought a charger from ebay.
Input: 100 to 240V, 1.6A 50 - 60Hz
Output: 5V DC , 2A

I've checked the old charger(not working now) specs. It has Input 230V 50Hz 28mA
Output: 1.2V, 1.0A

I thought of converting this 5V to 1.2V using some regulator. So i have bought LM350 which is adjustable 1.2V to 33V with output current of 3A.

Please check my circuit works,
AC adapter 5V output to input of LM350 with the suitable capacitors as mentioned in the datasheet. Will this work?

Thanks in advance:)

Attached is the basic schematic file.

Please help

Attachments

• Mobile charger.pdf
    37.1 KB · Views: 84

Use this exactly as shown and measure and adjust the pot for the output voltage you need.

3a-adjustable-power-supply.jpg

Attached is the basic schematic file.

Please help

I have tried this circuit. It produces 1.2V at the output. But when i connect my trimmer with this circuit, it drops to 0.75V.
Why is it so?

I have tried this circuit. It produces 1.2V at the output. But when i connect my trimmer with this circuit, it drops to 0.75V.
Why is it so?

I guess you need to adjust it , and see if you get what you want

Status
Not open for further replies.