Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

changing order of an LED light and rewiring it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledl1ght

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i have an LED flash machine thing, it has 8 LED lights, it has 8 modes and each mode flashes the LEDs in a different order, i have it on the wall and it can be quite difficult to press the switch at times, i would like to change it somehow so that when i turn it on it goes straight to the "7th" mode, i have enclosed pictures, would anyone be able to assist and tell me how this is done? Thanks

image_34.1408806810.jpgimage-YTMh5D3t.1408806855.jpg

I cannot see another way to do that than adding before this button an external circuitry that performs an one-shot counter modulo 7, what means, generate 7 pulses each time the button is pressed.

thanks would this be pretty quick like instantly or a time delay? is there any other way this could be done?

Should get more details about the circuit and its firmware to know the debouncing time required, but I presume somewhat on the order of 50 milliseconds could suffice for each pulse.

when you say 50 milliseconds per pulse do you mean 50 milliseconds per mode i.e. to get to 7 it would be 350 milliseconds?

The 50ms I suggested refers to the interval starting of each pulse, so that you could for instance define 25ms on high level and 25ms on low level. Anyway, that´s based on supposition. Take in mind you gave any additional information concerning to the circuit.

thanks, I'm somewhat of a novice regarding this what can i tell you about the circuit? can i just buy one of these?

In order to give you a reliable answer, need more details, as asked above. Unfortunately, the easiest way I can see to do that would be doing that by some external micorcontroller.

Or writing new code for the built-in microcontroller...

so the easiest way would be to use an external micro controller? could you help me a bit in regards to that?

As said above, we´re still predominantly on the field of suppositions.
Give us more details about the circuit.

as i said i am somewhat of a novice, i know the input voltage is 12V but apart from that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back