Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cavity deisgn with HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

csopi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a microwave cavity with HFSS. What I am interested in is the reduction of the Q factor, when I perturb the surface with a small hole. However, HFSS eigenmode solver cannot handle non-closed resonators (at least I haven't figured it out).

How I am supposed to proceed then?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Hi. Were you able to figure out how to implement the cavity with input and output ports ? If yes, please help me. Iam making a re-entrant cavity filter at 1.8 GHz. While I was able to implement the eigenmode simulation, Iam finding it very difficult to get a solution with ports. Please help !

Hi,

I am designing a microwave cavity with HFSS. What I am interested in is the reduction of the Q factor, when I perturb the surface with a small hole. However, HFSS eigenmode solver cannot handle non-closed resonators (at least I haven't figured it out).

How I am supposed to proceed then?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

a proper boundary condition should solve your problem,

try "Radiation Boundary" on the small hole, it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back