Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

carrier supression using phase shifter question

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, two identical sources we put into a combiner(opposite spliter)
i have put a phase shifter as shown bellow.
I expected to cancel the 10GHZ tone to cancel when i put phase 180,but i get the same result as when phase 0 in phase shifter.
Where did i go wrong?
Thanks.

1685904368366.png

1685904096477.png

1685904119520.png

is this a simulation or real life. For this to have a chance of working, the two frequency sources need to be phase locked to the same reference clock. Often a high end synthesizer will have a reference clock output on its backside, for you to send that clock to the slave 2nd synthesizer.

but beware, modern synthesizers can utilize fractional N type of frequency generation, and sometimes that means the phase is dithered in order to make the output "look like" the desired frequency. obviously, if the phase is dithered over time, you will not be able to do vectorial nulling on the signal

and, it goes without saying that for vectorial cancellation, both vector lengths have to be identical too

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: