Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car radio running to hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan93

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, sorry if I posted this in the wrong area of the forum I am new here and was not sure. I’m posting cause I have an odd issue that I am running into on one of my projects. I am installing a new head unit (cd/dvd) combo in an pop up camper that had never had one to begin with. Long story short I have 4 speaker channels 2 for indoors and 2 for outdoor marine speakers. So I would not have to deal with altering the sound stage manually to turn off the outdoor speakers I put each one on it’s on 40watt toggle switch. When these are wired up however the radio gets HOT. My first thought is maybe the toggle switch’s are creating to much resistance but I don’t know. When I run the wires direct there are no issues. I’m at a loss here. Please any info would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back