Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacity of Fading Channel through Mutal Information ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone plz tell me how to calculte the capacity of fading channels from mutal information. i need full proof.

thanks

Re: Capacity of Fading Channel through Mutal Information ???

Hi,

See apendix G "Capacity of MIMO links" on page 522 of "Modern Wireless Communication" by S. Haykin and M. Moher.

BR,

MAK,

I hope this will help!

thank allot, but the topic in simon's book is for Gaussian Channel. I was looking for raylegih or riciean fading channel. If u have it plz tell me.

Waiting....

Hi,

bee said:
thank allot, but the topic in simon's book is for Gaussian Channel. I was looking for raylegih or riciean fading channel. If u have it plz tell me.

Waiting....

Man do some search by urself as well :D (just kidding mate plz dont mind), i m telling u the details of Rayleigh and Riciean fading capacity effects right now.

If you have book of Paulraj (i hope u know which book i m referring here) then go to chapter 4 of the book on page 63, this is about capacity of space time channels. In its article 4.6 , he discuss influence of ricean fading, fading correlation, XPD and degeneracy on MIMO capacity.

I hope this chapter will help to understand the capacity relation under different fading conditions for MIMO.

Further if u find spare time sometimes later, plz let me know a bit detail of your project if its not much confidential. This will help me to update myself on current research aspects.

BR,

MAK

In this paper you can find the penalty on capacity when a channel has correlated coeficients. Page 6 and so on. I've posted it on another link:

Status
Not open for further replies.