Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitance meter not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought this capacitance meter CAP1500 based on the reviews but i cant get it to work .its giving me wrong values, I think because the knob called ADJ.
whats the function of this ADJ knob ? please see
the picture .

cap_meter.jpg

Hello aliyesami

Have You the user manual for this capacitance meter?
The manual says to what that knob.
Also how to use it.

Hello aliyesami

Sorry, I did not reply to your original question:
whats the function of this ADJ knob ?.
This knob is to adjust to zero reading when the instrument does not have anything connected to the probes.

Attachments

• CAP1500 User Manual.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 46

Its ADJ knob seems to only null its stray capacitance that is much less than 200pF. It should say to do it when the leads are connected to the meter.
I cannot null the stray capacitance of my Fluke multimeter and without its leads it shows 150pF. With its leads it shows 200pF that changes if I move close or move away from it.

If it is inaccurate at higher capacitances then the manual says to replace its BADDERY. When the battery voltage is low it shows a symbol of the BADDERY on its screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.