Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitance in microwave resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_upm

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to buy a series of resistors as the use of dc bias (to bias the transistor in 2 GHz). I suppose to buy microwave resistor or ordinary resistor? I have check the product of microwave resistor which manufacture by ATC. The electrical specification shows that it has capacitance value in it. But, actually the resistor should only has the resistance value but not involve the capacitance value, right? If I need to buy the microwave resistor, how about the capacitance in resistor? Will it disturb the performance as a dc bias network? Thank you for your help.

Re: resistor

y can use the common resistor,for example 0805 package,0603 package, no need microwave resistor!

Re: resistor

use just smd resistors as suggested by springf2000. microwave resistor is not needed.
when u go for higher ghz, then lot of things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back