Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot import Allegro footprint file (.dra) into Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbskw

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings,
I am using Windows 10, Altium Designer 21.7.2. I have no Allegro licenses or software except for PCB Editor Viewer, which is limited to only letting me look at the footprint file.
I am trying to import a .dra footprint file into my Altium Designer project. I use the Allegro Import Wizard and attempt to import the .dra file, but it gives the following error:
Allegro design file not recognized, or version is too old.
File signature: Unknown

I have seen other people trying to import Allegro PCB files, but they seem to fix the issue with a software that I do not have: DBDoctor. They use a command called "uprev".
I cannot find where to install DBDoctor anywhere online, let alone information about it. It seems to be something that comes with Cadence, but I am not sure.
Would it be possible for someone with the proper software to update/uprev the .dra file for me? Or would I need to download something?
I greatly appreciate any help!

DBDoctor is a part of Allegro PCB Design Suite. If you upload here, I can convert it to latest version.

DBDoctor is a part of Allegro PCB Design Suite. If you upload here, I can convert it to latest version.
I would greatly appreciate that! It seems that .dra is not an allowed file extension on this forum. How can I send you the file?

Ah I found out how to send it. I just have to zip the file. I greatly appreciate your assistance!

Attachments

• youpk75x50_1_27-smd.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 143

I would greatly appreciate that! It seems that .dra is not an allowed file extension on this forum. How can I send you the file?

Ah I found out how to send it. I just have to zip the file. I greatly appreciate your assistance!

Attachments

• youpk75x50_1_27-smd.rar
    31.9 KB · Views: 163

Thank you so much! I hate to ask, but is there any chance you would also be able to convert the updated file to ASCII as well? I just found out Altium will only import .alg files, and I need Extracta.exe to do that, which is yet another program I don't have....

1635371764110.png

I can run these batch files, but they will only give an error for me because they cannot find Extracta.exe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back