Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you use spaces in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadegh.j

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can ADS understand spaces? It gave me an error when I asked it to go and open something in c://documents and settings ...

Spaces in ADS

No spaces in ADS.
Put your projects and use filenames with no space.
Use underscore instead _______.
Mazz

Re: Spaces in ADS

Spaces are not allowed in filnames or in file paths.

Allowed:

c:\users\my_projects\project_1.*

Not allowed:

c:\users\my projects\project_1.*

c:\users\my_projects\project 1.*

Spaces in ADS

Seriously, why is this? Do none of their users ever want to put files in their Windows home directory ("C:
Documents and Settings...")?

Spaces in ADS

As per my knowledge ADS origibnation is not through windows.
ADS has problems with special charectors.
Hope this problem will be resolved in next version.

ADS started as a unix program. And it is still a unix program as well as windows. It always looks like a unix port to windows and not a native windows program so a lot of windows features are just not there. No spaces allowed in unix. Since ADS has so much legacy code, I doubt if this will change any time soon.

Unix actually can do spaces (you just have to put a backslash before them) but I can see why it would be complicated to make things cross compatible.

And it's not like the space issue is the only, or even the most annoying quirk that ADS has.

Spaces in ADS

It is still fun when ever you get a chance to ask the Agilent reps if they can handle the space character when ever they are pitching the new versions. It is just an ASCII character after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back