Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you help me design op-amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogboom

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys. I want to design an op-amp in non-inverting configuration meeting the following set of specifications.(attached file: from gain to power budget)
I will use spice simulation, but I don't know where to start. I need to design using nmos and pmos, what should I do? Can you tell me how to design it? I'd appreciate it if you could explain it step by step. It's okay if you design it and explain it to me. I'll wait for your quick reply.

gain = 10
output swing = 1v
gain error < 1%
CLoad = 1 PF
supply voltage = 3v
power budget < 20mw

Last edited by a moderator:

R1 and R2 can be changed. You can decide A1 by nmos and pmos of the values I gave you.
Free. All you have to do is meet the specifications.
What values are you permitted to change on your schematic?

What components are you permitted to add?

For Av = 10, r2 = 100k, r1 = 900k, this gives the lowest practicable dissipation in the external resistors ....

If your supply voltage is 3V only (single supply), you cannot use a circuit as shown in your figure.
At first you must bias the opamp app. at a DC output of app. 1.5 volts.
More than that, you need capacitors for separating DC and AC components.
Of course, you must select an opamp that allows operation with 3V single supply.

You want to design an opamp but you know nothing about it because your teacher did not teach you anything about it?

You want to design an opamp but you know nothing about it because your teacher did not teach you anything about it?
what are you talking about? I'm just studying alone.

Last edited:

If you wandered through back issues of IEEE JSSC
from the last couple of decades you would find
many real CMOS op amp designs. Perhaps your
university has IEEEXplore access at the library.

Hi,

e.g.

utn-eaplicada.com.ar › Gray_...PDF
Resultados web
Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits, 5th Edition

**broken link removed**[/URL]

digitus.itk.ppke.hu › ~karzoPDF
Resultados web
Allen, Holberg - CMOS Analog Circuit Design second edition.pdf

**broken link removed**[/URL]

'Op amp stages' should also bring up plenty of results for what you need to learn a bit about.

Status
Not open for further replies.