Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you change the model size range in HFSS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmo

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS size

hi
i am simulating a stripline filter in hfss. the lenght of my model is around 11inches. whn i run the simulation i get a warning sayin that the dimensions of the model exceed the hfss model size. can the model size range be changed. will it affect my sim results

Re: HFSS size

I have not observed this kind of error.
can have you checked whether you have written dimensions right or not?

Hey hitmp,
Try changing the units of the structure to a higher one. For example, if you are working with micrometers, change the units to millimeters and redo the validation check. It should work. I have had this kind of error before. Lemme know if it still doesn't work.
Ananth.

Hi hitmo,
I believe I had the same problem a few days ago and I solved it by changing the units; I was setting lengths of my objects in micro-meters and I scaled all to millimeters so that numeric values were all divided by 1000.

Hope to have help you,
Antonio.

Is the cross section of your microstrip the same ? If so solve a small part of it and deembed the rest (see port settings).

i have created a 5 meters long model. and it is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back