Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can we use battery as power supply to reduce noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memsgg

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Normally, how much noise can the battery induce? Is it lower than signal generator power supply?

Many thanks

noise is generally meritised based on the bandwidth of the output signal... if the bandwidth is very narrow then it is a good source.... so it depends just on the bandwidth of which is narrower..... signal generators with very narrow bandwidth have been designed but are costly.....

just decide based on your application....

A battery is a very clean power source, as long as the current you draw is constant. Since every battery has an internal resistance, there will be some noise associated with changing loads. But otherwise it is a very clean source. I resort to batteries whenever I suspect noise in my circuits is leaking through from the power supply.

memsgg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
A battery can be model as tens of mOhm adn several thousand of Farads.
you can caculate the noise power.

bluesmaster said:
A battery can be model as tens of mOhm adn several thousand of Farads.
you can caculate the noise power.

Noise power, V^2=kT/C, does not depend on ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.