Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can we correct 2t errors in BCH code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Arrow

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am facing a problem while using a BCH code in a project. The nature of the project demands that, instead of t, we have to correct 2t errors. I know this is not possible in general but here we have t dependent errors, i.e., out of these 2t errors, only t are independent. Now there may be a way to find the locations of those t errors and this will automatically give us the location of the other t errors. In our case, if we find t errors in first half of the codeword, we will find the remaining errors. If we have an error at index i, then we will also have an error at index i+(n/2) where n is the size of the codeword. This is an interesting but a very hard problem, I guess. Anyone having any idea? This will be a great help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back