Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can programmable silicon oscillators do the following?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayson

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have any experience with programmable silicon oscillators such as the Linear LTC6903? I am wondering can these be used for generating pixel clock frequencies for a CRT display controller?

- Jayson

I think you'd better design a pll instead of using programmable oscillators.

Is there any particular reason why? I can get very close frequencies to those that I want and a small shift in the picutre on the CRT would not bother me that much.

- Jayson

Does anyone know if a DDS chip with a sign bit output used as a clock can provide reasonable jitter allowing it to be used in place of a programmable PLL?

- Jayson

Have used several ICS programmable PLL IC's in the past with no problems. Check out their website.

Can a DDS (i.e., AD9834) be used instead for generating the pixel clock for SVGA? I've never worked with a DDS and that is why I am asking.

- Jayson

Yes, you should be able to use a DDS IC for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back