Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i use light as a source to rotate a motor (light from any given spectrum easy to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raaj90

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
light from any given spectrum easy enuf to produce energy to rotate a motor

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

energy can be transformed..hence it shud apply to light !!!!!!!!!!!

you can do it, then you should use optical fibre cable to send data to controller...
i remember someone doing this project long back and approached me for help..

but cannot remember what happened to it later.. i think it was successful

your question is not clear at all; first of all what you want to do and why you want to use light and how you want to use light??
by the way; if you want to use energy i mean electricity you can use sunlight as light source to rotate the motor or if you just want to send light as signal to rotate that also be possible. For electricity from sunlight you need solar system and for sending light as a signal you need LED and photo transistor to receive it. hope you understand.

You want to use "Light" to push the motor shaft to rotate it ?

Light may push it if the motor shaft is extremely "light". Lighter than some types of atoms or light should be of very high intensity.

Light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia [Light pressure].

Last edited:

You can put in rotating a special shaft, appropriately designed, using the light. Mr. Croocked invented the so called "light mill" or Croocked radiometer in the XIX century. Its shaft can rotate if illuminated. however the rotation is not due to photons pressure but to a thermic effect. However also light (or radiation) pressure exists an can be theoretically used, even if it is very weak as already stated by my_books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back