Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I serie a charger's two 6s channels to charge one 12s battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferbo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 12s lipo battery and a D100V2 two channel charger. this charger has the ability to charge two 6s batteries at the same time. I am planning to not use the balance charging option since the battery pack has its own BMS and can balance on its own. I want to serie the channels on the charger and connect only one positive and negative to the battery pack and charge it as a whole.

Would this cause problems?

Thank you!

Most likely the two supplies share a common rail (either top or bottom).
If so then there is no way to connect them in series.

Do you wish to build a step-up circuit? A voltage doubler can be made from capacitors and transistors.

Most likely the two supplies share a common rail (either top or bottom).
If so then there is no way to connect them in series.

Do you wish to build a step-up circuit? A voltage doubler can be made from capacitors and transistors.

Thank you so much Brad, i didn't know that about chargers.

No I'm not trying to build a step-up just trying to charge a 12s battery using a commercial battery charger.

you can measure across the negative terminals with an ohm-meter, DVM, if the neg terminals are connected - then Brads advice is to be heeded ...

Reactions: ferbo

ferbo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.