Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I obtain S11 values vs Time?

RandomZed

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
Im currently simulating a project in the time domain solver for a certain frequency range. Understandebly im getting the S11 results as a function of frequency.
I was wondering if there is a way to obtain the S11 values as a function of time (meaning time would be plotted on the x-axis)

If any further information is required, please let me know.

thank you

s-parameters are defined in LTI domain.
Hey, so is there no way I can obtain a s11 vs time from the result template? or even excite a new excitation signal with a specified simulaion time and amplitude?

Hey, so is there no way I can obtain a s11 vs time from the result template? or even excite a new excitation signal with a specified simulaion time and amplitude?
No, .
But if you want to see how an input Impedance is changing by time, you can use Envelope Simulation based on Harmonic Balance.
You measure complex voltage and current at a node then divide this two quantities to find input impedance.
This method is frequently used in switched RF Power Amplifiers to find their Input Impedances by time to get an idea.

Modern vector network analyzers e.g. E5071C are calculating TDR response from S11 via inverse fourier transformer. Should be possible in simulation as well.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: