Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I generate schematic from a PCB in Cadstar 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rf100

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I wonder if there is a solution for this particular issu
I am using CADSTAR 11
if I start drawing a PCB circuit. Can I generate a schematic from this PCB
this is because some time it is more easy to draw the layout first

Many thanks

Cadstar Q

As far as I know this is not possible not only in Cadstar but in most of the S/W.
It is always other way round i.e. sch to PCB and this should always be followed.

I wont recommend PCB to sch even if it is possible anyhow.

Re: Cadstar Q

Agree with Anonymous_Ricky.

It may be possible for smaller circuit with few components, but not the correct method. None of the software supports this flow.

Cadstar Q

Although not the way to do it, yes you can create a schematic by doing the PCB first.

You do your PCB, using parts and then start a blank schematic and back annotate from the PCB.

What you end up with it a rats nest of symbols and connections in the corner and then you have to move them into place.

A LOT more trouble than drawing it in the first place. Only really of any use if you have a small board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back