Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can hfss simulate from 100k to 2.2M ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

si_green

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss low frequency

That is to say, can hfss simulate the low frequency?
when i simuate the crosstalk of two difference stripline, the hfss always display error,the error is as follow:
[error] Discrete solution setup, process abc3d : Failed to solve the problem due to lack of precision. The likely cause is that the frequency is too low.

I set the parameters of setup: start is 0.1M; stop is 2.2M; step is 0.1M;

could you give some suggestion?
thanks a lot!!!

hfss frequency too low

hello,
It seems very difficult.I tried simulating one structure from 1MHz to 10 MHz. I used both kind of ports and also deembeded length (so that the structures length is comparable to wavelength). But it didnt converge
lets hope some expert answers your question!!!
cv

hfss+low frequency

another method for hfss9.2;
You can set parameters from 10M to 1G
after sloving, you again set from 100k to 10M.
I have tried, it 's ok!
But I cann't decide whether the answer is right??

lack of precision hfss

This problem must be arising due to restricted frequency range. Entering the start and stop frequencies, while adding a sweep to a solution setup, a frequency range is being defined. If HFSS detects that there are modes out of this range, it gives a "lack of precision" error and states that this frequency range is narrow.

Widening this range handles the problem. One more track to handle is selecting the type of sweep as "interpolating". It estimates a solution for an entire frequency range.

For further info, you can search for "Selecting the Sweep Type" in Help of HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back