Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAN-based network with reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortal

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

What standards or protocols of system on CAN-based network with reservation of channels exist ?

Best regards

What do you mean by "reservation of channels" ?

CAN is a message-oriented network, which packets are priority based, I don't how you make a connection between CAN and "channels"

Hi,

I mean by "reservation of channels" reservation of physical CAN bus and standards which provide it (definition of faults, transition to the reserve bus, etc.).

Best regards.

I haven't heard of CAN standard protocols with parallel connections. My guess is that you need to route frames to a working bus by hand.
There are faults detections and tolerance over CAN, but no way to automatically switch from an unworking bus to a working one. You can also send simultaneously a same CAN frame on different buses (using different transceiver of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back