Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone recommend a low noise high OIP3 Bipolar transistor please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldRFguy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm interested in designing a low noise amplifier extending from a few kHz to around 200MHz (maybe higher) and I'm trying to identify a really good bipolar device with OIP3 up around 40dBm or better and a NF in the region of of 2-3dB.

Clearly, CATV transistors are a good place to start but the advent of high linearity MMICs seems to be making quite a few of these devices obsolete so can anyone recommend suitable devices that are still in manufacture?

I'm also aware that there are quite a lot of RFIC gain blocks that look good for this role but most do not extend down low enough in frequency, or if they do then the noise figure is around 4-5dB.

Any suggestions that you can offer would be gratefully received.

Thanks

I'm interested in designing a low noise amplifier extending from a few kHz to around 200MHz (maybe higher) and I'm trying to identify a really good bipolar device with OIP3 up around 40dBm or better and a NF in the region of of 2-3dB.

Clearly, CATV transistors are a good place to start but the advent of high linearity MMICs seems to be making quite a few of these devices obsolete so can anyone recommend suitable devices that are still in manufacture?

I'm also aware that there are quite a lot of RFIC gain blocks that look good for this role but most do not extend down low enough in frequency, or if they do then the noise figure is around 4-5dB.

Any suggestions that you can offer would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Thanks VFONE; that's exactly the kind of device I was looking for.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back