Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can any one tell me about the reedsolomon coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeva

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have developed wimax protocol . in that i have developed all other blocks except reedsolomon coding . i cant understand that . so plz can any one tell me about the reedsolomon coding

thanks and regards,
-jeeva

Hi,

For understanding, how you can implement the WiMAX RS coder, you should use the following script on Matlab:

y = ['D4';'BA';'A1';'12';'F2';'74';'96';'30';'27';'D4';'88';'9C';'96';'E3';'A9';'52';'B3';'15';'AB';'FD';'92';'53';'07';'32';'C0';'62';'48';'F0';'19';'22';'E0';'91';'62';'1A';'C1'];
y = hex2dec(y);
yk=[zeros(1,203) y' 0]; % Make source data
m = 8; % Number of bits per symbol
n = 2^m-1; % Word lengths for code
k= 239; % Number of information symbols
msg=gf([yk],m); % Galois array
gen=rsgenpoly(n,k,285,0) % Specify RS generation polynomial
code = rsenc(msg,n,k,gen) % Encode the information symbols

This is an example with WiMAX example data from page 444 of IEEE Std 802.16-2004.

There are a lot of algorithms for RS decoder, and you should choose one of them, depending on available memory and mips resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.