Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can a PIC drive the Logic Control Section of SSM2404

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkie_

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I am back with another stupid question, I intend to make an audio source select circuit with PIC16F876A and SSM2404. Data sheet of SSM2404 says Logic HI (VINH = 2.4 V) Logic LO VINL = 0.8 V.

My understanding is that voltage on a microcontroller port pin is 5 volts.

If I drive the SSM2404 directly with a PIC will it damage it? or should I use a voltage divider?

What is Vinh max value ? If it is 5.5V then you can connect to PIC.

I have already mentioned that VINH=2.4 this is Hi and VINL=0.8, while I appreciate responses to my thread but my question remains unanswered which is:

If I drive the SSM2404 directly with a PIC will it damage it? or should I use a voltage divider?

put simple if I connect a port pin of a PIC directly with the driving pin of SSM2404 whose HI/LO I have already mentioned, will it damage SSM2404?

if yes then is it alright to use a voltage divider here.

If you had read the datasheet, you'd know that the logic voltage can be as high as the positive supply voltage Vs, e.g. 12 V. It's perfectly suited to be driven by 5V logic.

:oops:
drang! missed it completely under "Absolute Maximum Ratings"
Logic Input Voltage (VINL/INH) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . VS

Thanks

Audio source selector and SSM2404 here I come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back