Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculation of differential pair impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys
I am using the Saturn PCB toolkit for calculating differential pair impedance and there is a 6 to 10 ohm difference between Saturn and allegro calculations for the same stack-up and trace width and spacing. can anybody help me with this problem? Which one should I trust?
Also, which IPC standard does Allegro use for calculations? IPC-2152?

This is normal. Saturn PCB software computes Impedance by analytic/empirical method but Allegro simulates using with EM computations. The best way is to measure it and you'll eventually find another but similar value.

This is normal. Saturn PCB software computes Impedance by analytic/empirical method but Allegro simulates using with EM computations. The best way is to measure it and you'll eventually find another but similar value.
Thank you
Between Allegro and Saturn which one do you think is closer to manufacturer's calculations?
Do you know which IPC standard Allegro uses?

Thank you
Between Allegro and Saturn which one do you think is closer to manufacturer's calculations?
Do you know which IPC standard Allegro uses?
Allegro should be closer to the real value.

Firstly IPC-2152 is for current, nothing to do with impedance calculations...
How are you calculating the impedance in allegro, using the 3d field solver of an app.
Have you got etch factor turned on in Saturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back