Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculation of analytical power for analog and mixed-signal design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashvani88

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

Can anyone tell the methods to for calculation of analytical power for analog and mixed signal circuits? I didn't find any method for the calculation of analytical power calulation for analog and mixed signal IC (basic concept regarding it without using simulation tool) for a rough idea before i simulate the circuit. Thanks in advance. I am eagerly waiting for your suggestions.

For the digital part, add the power per clock (µW/MHz) values of the std. cells and multiply with the clock rate.

For the analog part, add the current consumptions per cell and multiply with the power supply voltage.

Should be good enough for a raw estimation.

Thank you so much. What about for mixed signal IC. If I have to take a rough idea just by pencil and paper without using simulation tool.

What about for mixed signal IC.

That was my answer for. A mixed signal IC consists of a digital and an analog part. If you know how much of both parts contribute, you can estimate its power consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back