Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating power dissipated and plotting Ids vs time

Status
Not open for further replies.

knataraj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plot current versus time cadence

Hi people,
I need coouple of things related to cadence Schematic/spectre
I am using the TSMC 0.18u tech to design and simulate adiabatic circuits(using spectre)
1) Is there any way to calclate the power dissipated in a logic block and get a plot of power vs time?
2) Is there anyway to get the plot of Ids vs Time of a single transistor? Cadence lets me plot Id,Ib,Is and Id over time but not exact Ids.

Thanks!

Krishna

plot i v transistor cadence

1. Power calculation.
In your schematic you have vdc or vpulse power supply. Using calculator you can multiply current trough vdc terminal and vcc voltage and plot this expression.
2. I don't understand what you mean Ids. Any transistor has 4 terminals (D, G, S and B). You can plot current flowing trough any of these terminals. Id and Is can differ from each other.

Re: Ids plot in cadence

Hi
Thanks for the Reply!
I need the energy dissipated in the Transistor while its conducting. Rather, The energy dissipated in the channel. By Ids, I mean the current flowing in the channel...Id and Is differ and Id and Ib come in to picture too. from what I see, Id or Is in not equal to the actual current thru the channel. If It find that, Knowing the Source and Drain Voltages over time, I can get a plot of the Power disspation(Transient). If there is some way that I can isolate Ids or some way in which cadence by itself plots the Pwr disspated over time for a given Transistor, It ll be cool!

Anyways, Thanks for the reply. If you have any suggestions, pls send them ASAP.

Fom said:
1. Power calculation.
In your schematic you have vdc or vpulse power supply. Using calculator you can multiply current trough vdc terminal and vcc voltage and plot this expression.
2. I don't understand what you mean Ids. Any transistor has 4 terminals (D, G, S and B). You can plot current flowing trough any of these terminals. Id and Is can differ from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back