Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculate inductace of coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

zohre

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all.
how can calculate inductance of coil when we have dielectric core (not air core). we have circular core.
thanks and regards

Dear zohre
Hi
What kind of core ? do you know any thing about it's permeability ? is it lower that air or higher ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

thanks
excuse me, but i dont want Toroid. i have a cylinderical teflon core. whats the formula for calculate inductance?

can you describe the specifications of your inductance ?
It is simple . it depends on number of turns . u ( permeability ) . diagonal . and the length of winding .
Regards
Goldsmith

how can calculate inductance of coil when we have dielectric core (not air core).

The dielectric core does NOT change inductance. Only a magnetic core (µr<>1) will change inductance.

excuse me, but i dont want Toroid. i have a cylinderical teflon core
Sounds like you didn't check the links. They provide calculation of cylindrical "air core" inductors as well.

i recommend the paperback ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back