Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Spectre 'minr' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jing

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spectre minr

I use Cadence Spectre to design analog circuit. When I run simulations of schematic, there is warning in the output log.

"M0: Parasitic resistor 'rs' has been deleted because its value of 32.916mOhm (R/MFactor) was smaller than 'minr'."

"M0: Parasitic resistor 'rd' has been deleted because its value of 32.916mOhm (R/MFactor) was smaller than 'minr'."

I think it is because the minr was set to a bigger value. I want to set minr to 1mOhm in order to eliminate the warning. But I don't know how to set minr. Is there anybody met such a problem before?

cadence minr

sorry but 1mOhm isnt that much diffrence than 32.916mOhm

minr simulation

The problem is the cadence deleted 32.9mohm rs and rd. I am afraid that would cause some inaccuracy of simulations

spectre how to set minr

I don't think omitting a 32m ohm resistor would matter that much. If you are really worried, put a 1 ohm resistor in the simulation and see if it degrades your result a lot.

minr spectre

Was there ever a solution to this problem? I am having it as well. Unfortunately, the minr being deleted is part of a current source inside the FET model, and my simulation blows up when it is removed. I've tried changing things in the .scs files that may relate to it, but no luck. anyone know how to set this minr value? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.