Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Layout XL, auto place and route, placement error!! please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starinspace

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

In Cadence Layout XL, the option place -> custom digital -> placement_planning, gives me the following error when I try to place the digital cells for auto place and route. Please help!!

Error in virtuoso CIW:

*WARNING* (VCP-3009): Could not run Placement Planning because the component type and CellType assignments in the design are incorrect.
Ensure that you define the component types for all instances in the design or assign their CellTyps as core,
and rerun the command.

What is this and how to solve this error? I tried making my own schematic by instantiating only 1 inverter form the standard cell library but no luck.

P.S: Cadence version that I am using is 6.1.7 -64b.

Hi all,

In Cadence Layout XL, the option place -> custom digital -> placement_planning, gives me the following error when I try to place the digital cells for auto place and route. Please help!!

Error in virtuoso CIW:

*WARNING* (VCP-3009): Could not run Placement Planning because the component type and CellType assignments in the design are incorrect.
Ensure that you define the component types for all instances in the design or assign their CellTyps as core,
and rerun the command.

What is this and how to solve this error? I tried making my own schematic by instantiating only 1 inverter form the standard cell library but no luck.

P.S: Cadence version that I am using is 6.1.7 -64b.

If you are designing digital logic, one should use the digital tools, not virtuoso. Innovus would be the correct tool.

The celltype error is because your cells are being considered macros instead of standard cells. There should be a property somewhere that you have to set to change that.

If you are designing digital logic, one should use the digital tools, not virtuoso. Innovus would be the correct tool.

The celltype error is because your cells are being considered macros instead of standard cells. There should be a property somewhere that you have to set to change that.

Hi IamnotSam,

The properties in Q doesnot show any entry for the cell type. is there something else which can be done?

and these digital blocks are being done in virtuoso as they are small in size and will be used as a small part of Analog layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back