Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Cadence Encounter - Synthesis faild due to Latch cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHDAK

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to synthesize a FPGA based design with Cadence RTL compiler to find out the performance difference with ASIC implementation. The elaboration phase works fine but when I try to synthesize "synthesize -to_mapped" I got an error message saying "unable to map design without a suitable latch". I am using COREX9GPHS_Nom.lib library for 130nm process. Can someone please explain what should I need to do.

Thanks

I imagine the synthesis too indicate which latch made the issue, after that you need to read the RTL code to know what king of latch could implement the code, asynchronous set/reset, and if this kind of cell exist inside your liberty file.

I imagine the synthesis too indicate which latch made the issue, after that you need to read the RTL code to know what king of latch could implement the code, asynchronous set/reset, and if this kind of cell exist inside your liberty file.

Thanks rca,

It says "instance switch_reg[0] requires a simple latch : check the libraries for necessary latch cell, the cell could be marked unusable"

I think latch cells are not included in the library I am using "CORX9GPHS_Nom.lib".

well the synthesis tool required at least a flop, a latch and basic logic gate like NAND, without these basic std cells the synthesis could not synthesis.

It is strange to have a library not compliant ?

Did you open the liberty file (basic editor is enought) to see how many cell there are and the different flop/latch available?

Reactions: KHDAK

KHDAK

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The error disappears after adding "lib_search_path" attribute. Thanks rca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back