Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C# serial data plot help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aswathymohan

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Can anyone suggest me how to plot the real time data from pic16F877A in C#

Hi

Can anyone suggest me how to plot the real time data from pic16F877A in C#

what do you mean by 'real time'? e.g. how many samples/sec and how many bits /sample?

if a few hundred 8 bit samples/second you could transmit the data over a serial line - it depends on the maximum baud rate you you achieve.
USB could be faster depending on the protocol used and ethernet much faster (but you would probably have to move to a PIC24 or PIC32)

we have com port object in c# using that we can read values from serial port through DB9 connector

we have com port object in c# using that we can read values from serial port through DB9 connector

you can transmit byte data as single characters, 16 bit data as two characters, etc.
the C# program receives the data via the com port object and plots it

i think there are some MSChart tool for C# for plotting graph this will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.