Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C compiler for PIC16F84 and 16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadolphine2000

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,..

I'm Tired of using assembly in programming PIC16F84 & 16F877 so I need a compiler or a software that enables me to write my program in ( C, C++, BORLAND C++ even VISUAL BASIC v6.0).

Thanks for your consideration

mplab c16 compiler

Try this site; there you will find links and resources on several C-compilers ..
**broken link removed**

c16 mplab

You can use HI-TECH picc.It is greate!

mplab-c16

Hi there,

Try the MPLAB C18 (the MPLAB C16 is not available) compiler from Microchip. This compiler is great for the PIC18 family. The student edition is free and can be downloaded from

hxxp://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en010014&part=SW006011

HTH

pic c16 compiler

I'm also using CCS PIC and appreciate it a lot. It is very easy to learn, with lot of built in functions. But I've seen lot of guys saying codes generated by it is not well optimized as compared to Hi-Tech C is that correct? I've never earlier experienced with Hi-tech, it will be nice if you people can put your views here.

mplabs c16

The main reason(s) why I am using Hi-Tech exclusively for PIC programming are:

ANSI compatibility (a must for me) I have hundreds of more or less ready made solutions which I use to "plug" into a new design ...

Stability (CCS introduces new bugs with every release they are producing) ...

CCS was bad at optimising but I think they have learned by now and should be around the same level as Hi-Tech in the meantime.

Please also note that I am seeing this from a commercial point of view as I earn my living from hard and software design.

Plus for CCS: price price price very easy to use ...

hope this helps and best regards

microchip c16 compiler

i fell comfortable working with this

**broken link removed**

manual picc- lite

how about using high level language basic? picbasic very easy to use and learn

manual picc lite

Thanks all of you for your help and consideration, I really appreciate that.

I got the Hi-Tech PIC and installed it.

Thanks again

high tech pic18 manual

C-Man said:

ANSI compatibility (a must for me) I have hundreds of more or less ready made solutions which I use to "plug" into a new design ...

Thanks for reply C-Man. Will you please share those "plugs" with us, so that everyone gets benefited.

mplabc16

Jack// ani said:
C-Man said:

Thanks for reply C-Man. Will you please share those "plugs" with us, so that everyone gets benefited.

Sorry but I can not do that because I have custom designed all these "plugs" and the copyright goes to the company I am working for ...

BUT if there are special needs maybe I can help out at least a little.

best regards

mplab pic c16 compiler

Hi,..

Thank you all for your help,.. I have another question:

Concerning assembly, we use MPLAB as an assembler - ICPROG as a downloader and JDM as a prgrammer(Hardware),... Right.??

Concerning C, I'll use (Hi-Tech PIC C) as a compiler - now, what will be the downloader and the programmer(Hardware).?????????

Hope you can get what I want ot ask about

Thanks again

c16 compiler

Hi there,

I am not familiar with the ICPROG and JDM.
However, the chip programming procedures should be the same as assembly language. Once, you've compiled your C programs into HEX files. Use JDM programmer to program your chip with the HEX file you've got from the HiTech PIC C compiler. (Be careful about the configuration bits.. They always screw things up in my projects.. :) )

HTH

free microchip c16 compiler download

Any C compiler will generate an hex file. then you can use ICPROG or any other software to downoload the hex file on the chip using JDM or any other programmer as HW interface.

The important thing is to download on chip the HEX file. it doesn't matter how you generate it. You can use to get hex file: assembler, C , Basic

programming pic using c

Thanks guys fol all your help and sorry for my silly questions, but I have some problems concerning the HTL PIC C software.

I wrote my program in C in this software but when I compile and link the program, I haven't found any *.HEX* file.

So, Could any one send me in steps how can I compile, link and generate the program and download it on my chip.??????

I'll really appreciate all your help and consideration. :D

pic18 with c

You have to configure the setting, like in Keil you don't get a hex until you configure it to do so!

Hope this helps

picc lite manual

If you want C language programming, I recommend you to switch to PIC18 family. It is more compiler friendly than PIC16.

And most interesting is, Microchip C18 is now free with the debut of C18 Student Edition.

ccs compiler tutorial pic16f627

To generate the *.hex file u have to setup the "build options" in the project properties and set up the last line, go to the PICC linker tab and enter in "alternate settings" the following line: <-O"$(TARGETBASE).cof" -O"$(TARGETBASE).hex"> as in the attached figure, this will generate the machine "hex" code in addition to the object code

Status
Not open for further replies.