Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C code for reading wav file

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepsky

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I urgently need a code for reading a wave file data,
any one can help me?

thanks

try:
**broken link removed**

((
Load and Display a Windows Wav Audio File
))

and this:

**broken link removed**

((

WAV File Format Tools

I've been curious about processing sound files for a while now so I wrote these programs really quick to see what I can do :). I came up with these algorithms on my own. I think they turned out pretty nice :).

normalize.c - This program reads in a .wav sound file and creates a new .wav file from it with the volume raised as high as it goes without creating distortion and without changing the sound.

reverb.c - This program read in a .wav file and creates a new .wav with a "reverb" effect. Reverb makes it appear as if the sound file was recorded in a large room.

Both files require an fmt_chunk.h include.

An example mp3 is here. This was originally a .wav of me playing guitar with no effects.
I ran that .wav through my reverb program and then normalize program and the result is here.

))

Hi, it was a long time but why aren't you thinking about matlab, you can read the wave file by one instruction "waveread".

jakjoud said:
Hi, it was a long time but why aren't you thinking about matlab, you can read the wave file by one instruction "waveread".

you are right, but my professor prefer not to use Matlab :?
I think there are a lot of written codes to read and work on wav files. but my search shows something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.