Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Burning mikroc code...

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvuslim

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to burn my code in pic16f877a so i used hex file generated using mikroc and but code didn't work but when i used hex file generated by picc the code worked fine so is there different way to burn mikroc hex file ??? plz help...

mostly it's a fuses issue....
have you configured the fuses in mikroC??? does it match the fuses on PICC?

also, have you simulated the code outside mikroC (like in Proteus or something)

is it the same code or it's different (from mikroC and PICC)?

Same problem i had. Mikroc does not work most of the time. That is why i have to switch to Mplab + Hitech.

I used to have the same problem before. Kurenai_ryu is right.

I've the same problem of fuses as Kurenai_ryu said, I used MikroC & when I try to burn by PICpro USB, it gave me the following error:

Error in HEX file - FUSE
Line: 35

The problem is that I guess the fuses is configured correctly but I still dunno where's the problem!

Go to Project > Edit Project. There set the configuration bit settings properly. That may be a problem. Also switch to the latest version of mikroC as older or previous versions may have had problems that have been resolved in the newer versions. I'm currently using mikroC PRO for PIC v 4.60 and I have not encountered any problems.

You can download the latest version from here:
mikroElektronika - mikroC PRO for PIC - C compiler for Microchip PIC microcontroller development

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

I'm working also on version 4.60, & about that Configuration Bit Settings, do you mean Configuration Registers? As there's no Configuration Bit Settings, & what should I edit in it?

Go to Project. In the drop-down menu, click Edit Project. Or you can just click Cntrl + Shift + E (together). There, set the oscillator setting and all other parameters properly. Or for just testing, you can click on default. It would help if you can upload the project file. Then I can take a look at it.

The problem is that I guess the fuses is configured correctly

I told before that these fuses I made it correctly to meet my circuit, it worked in the simulator in ISIS 7 Professional, but the burning program give the Error which I told you about & don't want to load the hex file!

Does Proteus give any warning? Are you sure that your PIC is okay, that you haven't burnt it before or something? Check the connections properly.

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

This might help you: **broken link removed**

might this may help you by doing this in mplab
go to file > import > point it towards the coff file generated by mikroe
go to programmer > pic kit 3 (in my case. you can select whichever you might have) > connect
burn it simple
if still problem occurs than check out the fuses you can overwrite it with mplab fuses settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back