Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building my own mobile phone charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahammad

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a charger for my phone whose output should be 3.7v ,800mA.WITH input 220v ,50 hz,10mA, Ac.do any one have idea on this

That doesn't sound like a charger specification. 3.7V 800mA sounds like the battery specification. Most chargers generate a nominal 5V nowadays and the charge intelligence is in the phone.

Keith

What you need is a charger for a 3.7V 800mA Li-ion(?) battery. This can be accomplished by using simple wall-mount 5V adaptor. The adaptor output is then given to the actual charging circuit. This circuit should have a dedicated battery charging IC (depending on the battery chemistry) and a few associated components. There are lots of such ICs available in the market form companies like Texas Inst., Microchip etc ... Choose the one that suits your application.

If you need a charger for your cellphone, simple check the adaptor specifications for the phone (should be 5V for a 3.7V battery), and use wall adaptors available in the market. Just remember to match the connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.