Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an Physical Contact less switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpratik

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone !! :p :p :p :p

I was trying to construct an reliable contact less switch based on IR transmitter and receiver. The original Idea was brought up when I came across an circuit posted in Electronics for You. It was designed by an professor and was called "Touch Free Timer Switch".
Here is the circuits webpage link :
**broken link removed**

Now when I wanted to develop its design I found that TSOP 1738 is not available in local market reliably there I decided to go ahead with an similar Receiver that works on 38Khz frequency which is TSOP 4838. And speaking about the IC's I came across two Different makes one was LM555 by TI and NE555 by STM
Upon going through both the IC's datasheet I found that the combination of 1.2K, 1.3K and 10nF around the IC made it an perfect 38Khz Astable MVB. and combination of 100uF/25V electrolytic with 11K resistance made an 1 Sec Monostable MVB..
Coming to the problem :
When I arranged this ciruit everything is fine the circuit responds to all My hand gestures but after few hours it does not. :-?
Secondly when carefully observing the monostable confuguration in the datasheets it specifies that RESET and SUPPLY and connected by and Dotted Line :-?
Thridly Vreset for TI make IC is 1.67V and 2V for STM make if they have to be met for proper performance then how do i tune it with resistors ? :-?
Lastly- Is there any other way I can achieve contact less reliable switch ??
Hope Some One solves my problem

Thanks in Advance
Pratik :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back