Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BSIM4 AC noise equivalent MOSFET model

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog_chip

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to know BSIM4 noise model of a MOSFET in terms of a simple schematic as attached. I tried looking into BSIM4 documentation but all it has is lots of equation and parameters. I want to know where each noise source is positioned along with parasitics as shown in attached figure.

Check phd thesis about BSIM models from their website.

BTW. BSIM4 is not physical model so maybe better is for You to check some papers?
My proposition:
1. **broken link removed**
2. RF noise modelling <100nm
3. **broken link removed**
4. **broken link removed**
5. Good book about transistor modelling

Hi Dominik,

Thank you very much! Do you know how to plot (transient/AC) the vgs of MOS excluding the drop in drain and source resistance (rsw and rdw)?

In BSIM4 holistic noise model, a portion is modeled as voltage source at the source side? I want to know how much is that?
In the transistor model which I use, tnoimod=1(holistic) but rnoib=0. Does that mean source voltage is 0? They have set rnoia and rnoic to some finite value.

You have to check models in your pdk. For example in IBM CMOS8RF process, the model for "inherit" mosfets doesn't include any contact resistance, while for RF fets it including additional resistances and capacitances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back