Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BSIM3 and technology related question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesh419

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I would be working on designing circuits at sub-threshold logic level. Before I start designing and simulating small little circuits I have to know a couple of things.

I understand that BSIM3 models are modelled quite well in sub-threshold region. But I am not sure if there are other models which are good compared to that. The questions that I have are related to this basically.

1) Are there models which I could possibly use which are better than BSIM3? If yes, what are they?

2) How do I know that the models that I am using currently belong to BSIM3 or something else? How do I change those models in Cadence?

3) How do I get parameters like gamma, k, mu, Vth etc for a particular technology. Every one says that it is in the technology file. But my question is where is that technology file?

Thanks and Regards,

EKV model provides smooth transition between subthreshold and inversion model. You can also check it if you want to see the difference.

Thanks a lot for the reply smoked. I understand that I could also use them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back