Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

brushless dc motor is stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfda81

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I just got a dc brushless motor and I think I defeated it. I grounded two of the three phases and connected a sine wave signal to the other one just to obtain an oscillatory behavior, at the beginning it worked apparently fine. Then I input without changing the set up a constant dc value and after this the motor got stuck, it does not move, not even with hand force. I have no idea what the problem is, I think it is magnetized, but it could also be burnt, however it didn't smell. I know this is a very silly question but I'm new with this motors and underestimated its control. Thanks a lot!

Another chance is the bearing of the motor can also got struck

Nandhu

where can we get brushless dc motor

Added after 1 minutes:

i want to purchase a brushless dc motor but i couldnot get it

if the motor is not burnt , you can try the following:

set up an ac equal to the same dc amplitude previously you have given befor damage.

set the ac frquency to be very low value(few hz)

gradually reduce the amplitude of ac voltage to zero.

your bldc will get life back.

srizbf
21stmay2010

Status
Not open for further replies.