Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost Converter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

samson.bunty1986

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I would like to know about Boost converter in depth. As i know it comes under DC-DC converters. Am having little doubts on this. In this converter we can controll the voltage. But can we control the current??? One more thing is can we give AC voltage as input for bosst converter?? If so how to select the inductor and all..

Dear Samson
Hi
Of course we can't give AC voltage as input . and about current controlling , yes it is possible and pretty simple with creating a hiccup in PWM . ( don't forget that a boost converter is just an Step up converter , and nothing else !)
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Dear Goldsmith,

Thanks for your reply..

I have posted one post in power electronics forum named "Can anyone Explain this Battery charger concept"..Can you support me how to design fully??

Status
Not open for further replies.