Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Books To Start PIC Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shani

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Assalamo Alykum !

I can use the AT89C51 microcontroller easily. Now I ant to start the PIC Microcontrollers. But I have no properguidance

So, Please send the name of the books and the software for the simulation of the PIC Microcontrolers.

Please also tell me that from which number of PIC Microcontrolle I should start.

I want to do something in the PIC microcontrollers so please help me. will be very thankful to you.

Waiting for the reply.

Zeeshan Shareef

Just go to the Microchip website www.microchip.com
There are lots of application notes and family manuals.

Perhaps the easiest to find PIC is the 16F84, or 16F84A. They are very popular. You should be able to find some aplication notes for this micro, or for its predecessor, the 16C84.

Since PICs are very similar, you will be able to take projects written for other devices and adapt them to the PIC16F84.

Search this board for the schematic of an ICD-2. It allows you to program FLASH PICs., which means you can program the 16F84(A).
There are two versions of the ICD-2, one uses a PIC16F877, the other a PIC16F876A. I built the latter and it works very well. There is also a layout available.
I built mine using an SOP-28 packaged PIC16F876A. I can give you that layout, too.

Here is a free good book about PIC micrcontroller:
h**p://www.mikroe.com/en/books/picbook/picbook.htm
Mikroelektronika have good compilers for beginers ( C, basic, pascal )
The compilers have a lot of drivers, so it is easy to use them.
h**p://www.mikroe.com/en/compilers/
For programming you can use JDM programmer which has only a few components.

Good luck!

Cristi

wailaikumas-Salam
Here are some more good books.I use PIC basic for programing so most books are related with that language.
u can find and download them easily.u can use emule also to find these books.

001. [Myke Predko- Programming and customizing PIC microcontrollers (more than 1000 pages, PCB and CD included)]
002. [PICBasic for PIC Microcontrollers with source code]
005. A begginers guide to the Microchip PIC.pdf
006. McGraw - Hill - PIC.Robotics.A.Beginners.Guide.to.Robotics.Projects.Using.the.PIC.Micro.pdf

009. NEWNES - Programming Pic MCU with PicBasic Compiler.pdf
010. Pic Microcontroller Project Book.pdf
011. PICC.pdf

014. Elektor Microcontroller Basics Course - Complete

hi

to start learning pic microcontroller u have to do the following:

1- start reading the datasheet of pic16f84a
2- download the tutorial of epe magazine u can find this tutorial in epe site free
3- build small programmer there is a lot of pic programmer in net
4- download icprog from net its free

this i think enough for u to start

i hope this helped u

Status
Not open for further replies.