Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] blood pressure/heart rate controlled time lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbenjamindix

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am a woodworker that enjoys electronics and magnetivity. i make custom woodworking lock boxes with hidden magnetic locks. what i'm trying to conceive is some type of heart rate monitor locking/unlocking device, or a blood pressure band.

two things:
1. if i got my hands on an electronic blood pressure cuff, in the box you have to put your arm inside the box while it's locked to actually reach the lock. when you insert your arm, the cuff automatically tightens, and this serves as a security feature for the lockbox. of course if you can't unlock the box, you're kinda screwed, until the timelock's timer countdowns, then the blood-pressure cuff releases and your arm is free again.

2. if i had a heart rate monitor hooked up to a lock device, you would attach it to your arm, and actually have to get your heart rate on a specific number for a few seconds, sending a signal to a switch that unlocks the box. how can i accomplish either of these problems?

thanks,
David Dix

This is probably not a good idea. Peoples blood pressure changes with coffee, walking excitement etc. If you do do it use the complete electronic BP system as they have the safety valves and controls required by law. Anything that connects to a body must pass medical electronics tests. Use batteries or medically approved PSU. Best way to measure heart rate in this application would be with an led/photo-diode systems

Status
Not open for further replies.