Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blind and buried vias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
blind and buried guidelines

hi,

How to create blind and buried vias in pads power pcb? and how to use in the designs, what r the thing we shd take care when we r using these vias? r any doc related to that subject?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Devi

Hi Devi
I didnt have pads with me, but i use Cadstar.I can give some general info on blind and buried vias
1.Buried Vias : They r used in between to layers.They r not visible from the top and bottom layers.

2.Blind Vias : As the name suggests they r closed from one end.They r used from the top layer to any one of the inner layers.For eg. from top layer to inner 4 layer (vcc) or from top layer to inner 2 layer. They r only visible from the top and not fom the bottom.

In Cadstar it is very easy to create them but i dont know abt Pads.

regards
Prasanna

Hi prasanna,
Thanks for your reply. Can you give any related documents (layout guidelines) to blind and buried vias? One more doubt if blind via comes only in even layer?

Regards,
Devi

Hi devi,
As of now I dont have any documents regarding that,but will upload if i come across any.
It is not necessary that blind vias should come in even layer.Take this example
A four layer board layer structure is
layer 1 - Top electric
layer 2 - GND
layer 3 - VCC
layer 4 - Bottom electric.
We can assign blind vias between layers 1 & 2 and also between layers 1&3.

Hope this helps u.If ur willing to give ur mail id or messenger ID i can mail u some documents as I cannot upload here due to lack of bandwidth.

Regards
Prasanna

Check out this website:
"Blind and Buried Vias"
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor