Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blackfin ADSP533 and JTAGTools

Status
Not open for further replies.

rook

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jtagtools

I have question about jtagtools project from blackfin.uclinux.org web site.

I i connect TMS,TCK,TDI,TDO from jtagtools schematic to JTAG connector on blackfin board, i can use JTAG with VisualDSP++ or GDB?

What with ~EMU pin? It is only on STAMP schematic board, but not on jtagtools schem.

J1 connector (RJ45) in jtagtools schem., what is he for them?
And why jtagtools schematic doesn't have JTAG connector identicaly too JTAG header on STAMP board.

Help please. Maybe this are stupid questions, but i can't understand, what to do, to connect blackfin processor to PC, i mean VERY LOW COST interface, not PCI card with price about kUSD.

Best regards
rook

analog devices blackfin engineer notes jtag

Hi,
I suggest you look into the Engineer to Engineer note on the AD web site.
Personally I feel the ~EMU is not needed.
B R M

adsp533

The JTAG emulation status (~EMU) signal must be used when connecting to a Analog Devices emulator target board connector only.

rgds,
s2c97

blackfin stamp jtag

It would be wrong, but I think these jtagtools have no relation with debug using VDSP++. Maybe one can program external flash memory by using this tool.

Debug with VDSP still based on usage of emulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back