Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

between the thickness of the substrate and the radius of pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahar20

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the relation between the thickness of the substrate and the radius of probe in the case of probe feed to the patch antenna. i.e if the thickness is 1.6mm what should be the radius of the probe?

Re: between the thickness of the substrate and the radius of

The radius of the probe should not be related tothe thickness of the substrate. You pick a probe radius in design and then you can use the dimension to simulate it on IE3D/FIDELITY.

sahar20

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I saw some simulation files and I guess they used the probe radius as half of the substrate thickness, I try like that I have better results but not the best. May be the trial and error way can help you.

There is no specific requirement that I am aware of like the 2:1 ratio you cite. I would look at insertion loss and matching as issues to be considered rather than letting the dielectric thickness drive the coax dimensions. If there was a thickness to coax dimensional requirement, what would happen as the dielectric constant changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back